BabitaSinghReporting


Title: Babita Singh Reporting Review – A Small-Town Story About a Woman Finding Her Voice

Intro:
Babita Singh Reporting is a Hindi crime drama directed by Ambiecka Pandit and written by Amita Vyas. The film stars Nimisha Sajayan, Rajesh Kumar, Anshumaan Pushkar and Barun Sobti, and is streaming on Amazon Prime Video from August 28.

Image - IMDB


Review (90 Words): I picked Babita Singh Reporting mainly for Barun Sobti and Sudip Sharma, though I was a little disappointed that Barun didn’t get more screen time. But the film did fairly well for me. Despite the crime-drama setup and the title, I saw it more as a story about a woman stepping out of the role everyone has decided for her. It may feel slow, but the characters make the pace work. I also liked travelling to Rewa through the film. The ending could have been better, but overall, it is worth a watch.

Full Review: I picked Babita Singh Reporting mainly because of Barun Sobti and Sudip Sharma as executive producer. So yes, I was a little disappointed that Barun didn’t get enough screen time. But that aside, the film worked better for me than I expected.

The trailer and the title can make you think you are getting a straightforward crime drama about journalism. But for me, the crime story is almost secondary. At its heart, this is about a woman slowly stepping out of the identity that people around her have created for her.

Babita is constantly reminded that she got her job because of “anukampa niyukti”. Even the way she is addressed as “Baby” reflects how people see her — someone who is expected to remain within familiar boundaries. What makes the journey interesting is watching that perception change.

Nimisha Sajayan leads from the front and gives the character enough restraint and strength to make her transformation believable. The supporting cast also does a decent job, and Barun Sobti, despite limited screen time, makes his presence count.

The film does move slowly. But surprisingly, I didn't feel that the pace was entirely a problem because the characters and their situations justify much of it. The smaller-town setting also adds to the experience. I enjoy films that allow me to travel to places I may otherwise never see on screen, and this time it is Rewa.

The crime investigation could have been stronger, particularly towards the end. The conclusion may leave you wanting a little more. But the film isn't really dependent on the mystery alone.
For me, Babita Singh Reporting is more about a woman breaking familiar ground and changing how people see herthan about solving a crime.

Barun Sobti Reviews - Raat Jawaan Hai, Kohrra1, Kohrra2, Asur

#BabitaSinghReporting #BabitaSinghReportingReview #AmazonPrimeVideo #PrimeVideo #HindiCinema #CrimeDrama #NimishaSajayan #BarunSobti #MovieReview #TheFilmiAngle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AGRA

FreedomWriters

HELLOBACHHON