VIBE


Image - YouTube

Vibe Review – A Fun Spy Comedy That Loses Its Vibe Later

Intro: Vibe is a 2026 Hindi spy comedy written and directed by Kunal Khemu, who also plays the lead. The film features Preity Zinta, Sparsh Shrivastava and debutant Vanshika Dhir in important roles. Released in theatres on 18 September 2026, the film takes the familiar spy genre and gives it a comic twist.

Review (90 Words): I picked up Vibe because I had recently enjoyed Kunal Khemu in Single Papa, which was one of the better comedy watches for me. So I was curious about his new film. A spy comedy is also a bold choice when spy thrillers are everywhere. The first half is genuinely funny, and I could hear people laughing in the theatre. But somewhere around the second half, the film loses its rhythm. It slows down and the comedy isn't as consistent. Still, I appreciate the attempt and would say it is a decent OTT watch.

Full Review: I picked up Vibe mainly because of Kunal Khemu.

I had watched and reviewed Single Papa, and I really enjoyed him there. So when I saw that his next film was a spy comedy, I was curious. We have seen enough serious spy thrillers lately, so trying to mix the genre with comedy felt like a bold move.

And for me, the film works quite well in the first half.

There are enough funny situations, jokes and absurd moments to keep you entertained. In fact, I watched it in a theatre and could hear people laughing loudly at several of Kunal Khemu's jokes. That is always a good sign for a comedy.

But somewhere around the second half, Vibe starts losing its rhythm.

The pace slows down, the story becomes a little more complicated and the comedy that worked so well earlier isn't as consistent. It also feels slightly stretched. I kept wondering whether some of the situations could have been shorter and whether some of the other characters could have been used better.

Sparsh Srivastava does a fair job, but I felt his character could have had more to do. There are other comic characters and even a few influencers in the film who could have added more to the humour if the situations around them had been developed further. Yashpal Sharma and Nirahua also felt underused to me.

That said, I don't want to take away from what Kunal Khemu has attempted here. Writing, directing and acting in a comedy is not an easy combination, and Vibe does have some genuinely funny portions. There is also a good action sequence involving Kunal Khemu and his co-star which I enjoyed.

This isn't really a spy thriller with comedy added to it. It is primarily a comedy that happens to have a spy setup. And I think it works better when it remembers that.

If you enjoy this kind of light, silly comedy, Vibe is worth trying on OTT. It may not sustain the same energy throughout, but there are enough laughs to make it a decent watch.

If you like this space of thriller-comedy, check out my reviews of Toaster and Vaalvi

#Vibe #VibeReview #KunalKhemu #SparshShrivastav #PreityZinta #SpyComedy #HindiMovies #BollywoodComedy #ComedyMovie #TheFilmiAngle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AGRA

FreedomWriters

thodeDoorthodePass