BANDAR

 


Image - YouTube

Bandar (2025) Review – Lord Bobby Shines in This Uncomfortable Anurag Kashyap Film

Intro: Bandar, also released internationally as Monkey in a Cage, is a Hindi crime thriller directed by Anurag Kashyap and written by Sudip Sharma and Abhishek Banerjee. Inspired by a real-life incident, the film stars Bobby Deol, Sanya Malhotra, Sapna Pabbi, Saba Azad and Raj B. Shetty. It is currently streaming on ZEE5.

Review (90 Words): I always have high expectations from an Anurag Kashyap film, and Bandar didn't quite reach that level for me. But the detailing is impressive and the acting is even better. Bobby Deol is outstanding, and the supporting cast also deserves attention. I watched it a few days before writing this because I wanted to process the film, and I even went back to a few scenes. The police station scene reminded me of Ugly. The film is slow, and that may test your patience, but it also feels deliberate. Watch it without high expectations, but do watch the performances.

Full Review: I always have high expectations when I pick up an Anurag Kashyap film. Bandar didn't quite reach the highest point for me, but it stayed with me enough that I didn't want to write the review immediately.

I watched it five days ago and deliberately gave myself some time to process it. I even went back and watched a few scenes again. That itself says something about the film.

The biggest strength for me is the detailing. There is a lot happening in the way scenes are constructed, and the film doesn't always tell you exactly what to think. It leaves enough space for you to observe the characters and their situations.

And then there is Bobby Deol. Lord Bobby is brilliant. His performance is easily one of the biggest reasons to watch the film. He doesn't try to make the character larger than life. Instead, he allows the discomfort and uncertainty of the situation to come through. The actors around him also do very good work, and the ensemble deserves attention.

What I found interesting is that the film doesn't give you an easy black-and-white answer. The central character is not someone you can simply place in one box. That makes the story uncomfortable, but also more interesting.

The police station scene particularly reminded me of Ugly. There is a similar feeling of watching a system and its people rather than simply watching a conventional crime thriller.

The biggest issue for me is the slowness. At times, it hurts the film and makes certain portions feel longer than necessary. But I also feel that the slow pace is partly intentional because the film wants you to sit with the discomfort rather than rush from one event to another.

The second half loses some momentum, and that stopped Bandar from becoming a truly great Anurag Kashyap film for me.

Still, this is not a film I would dismiss. It is partially impressive, strongly acted and detailed enough to deserve your attention.

#Bandar #BandarMovie #BandarReview #AnuragKashyap #BobbyDeol #LordBobby #SanyaMalhotra #ZEE5 #HindiCinema #CrimeThriller #MovieReview #TheFilmiAngle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AGRA

FreedomWriters

HALFCA