HUNKKAAR:THEROAR
Image - YouTube
Hunkkaar: The Roar Review – A Detailed Social Thriller
Intro: Hunkkaar: The Roar is a 2026 Hindi socio-thriller and courtroom drama directed by Karan D. Kapadia, Heeraz Marfatia and Nitya Mehra. The series stars Aneet Padda, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Raghubir Yadav, Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub and Arjun Mathur. It follows a 17-year-old survivor seeking justice against a powerful godman. The series premiered on JioHotstar on 25 September 2026.
Review (90 Words): I like it when a series takes me somewhere I haven't seen often, and Hunkkaar does that with Orchha. It also starts right from the word go, with the first episode being the strongest for me. The direction is detailed, and the background score does a great job with both tension and silence. The courtroom portions are handled well, and the performances are consistently good. Raghubir Yadav deserves a special mention for a completely different avatar. The episodes are long and pacing becomes an issue, but I still recommend watching this social thriller.
Full Review: I like it when a series takes me somewhere I haven't seen often.
Babita Singh Reporting took me to Rewa. Hunkkaar takes me to Orchha. That immediately adds something to the viewing experience for me.
What I also liked is that the series starts right from the word go. There is no long wait to get into the story. Episode 1 is probably the best episode for me, and from there the series slowly develops the story and its characters.
The direction is one of the strengths.
There is a lot of detail in the way the story is presented, and the background score deserves a mention. It knows when to create tension and, equally importantly, when to stay quiet. That use of silence worked particularly well for me.
The cast is also good across the board.
Aneet Padda shows that she can carry the emotional weight of the story. I haven't watched Saiyaara, so I am looking at her performance here purely on what I saw in this series, and I thought she did well.
Raghubir Yadav deserves a special mention. After seeing him in Panchayat, this is a very different avatar, and he is convincing in it. And his role as Bapji, constantly reminded me of the 90s movie Narsimha.
Once the series moves into the courtroom drama, I thought it became another interesting watch. Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub and Ram Kapoor are good in these portions, and the courtroom scenes have enough tension to keep you engaged.
One thing I particularly liked was the decision to keep the main incident for the final episode.
By that point, you already know the complete story. So technically, when that scene finally happens, you know what is coming. Yet I was still engaged because the build-up had worked. When the audience already knows what will happen but still wants to see how it plays out, I think the direction has done something right.
The series does have a pacing problem.
The episodes are long, and there are portions where I felt the story could have moved faster. There are also similarities with Aashram because of the godman and blind-faith setup, although Hunkkaar takes a different route by spending more time with the survivor, her family and the legal process.
For me, the ending was the one place where I had a different thought. I felt the tap-water scene could have been the final scene, perhaps after the judgement. I can also understand the possible intention — once the story has been told in court, perhaps her role in telling it is over.
I also couldn't really relate to the Timmy ke Paneer Kulche reference, though that's a small point.
Overall, Hunkkaar is a detailed social thriller with a strong cast, good direction and an effective background score. The long episodes do create pacing issues, but I remained engaged enough to recommend it.
If you like social thrillers, courtroom dramas and crime web series, Hunkkaar: The Roar is worth watching on JioHotstar.
#HunkkaarTheRoar #HunkkaarReview #AneetPadda #FatimaSanaShaikh #RaghubirYadav #MohammedZeeshanAyyub #JioHotstar #HindiWebSeries #SocialThriller #CourtroomDrama #IndianWebSeries #TheFilmiAngle

Comments
Post a Comment